Auto Build from Import/API

Hello, I’m looking at UI Bakery as a possible path for us to begin migrating away from 3rd party subscription applications in the healthcare space. When I think about how to jumpstart the process I’m looking for ways to possibly push data from an API into UI Bakery or upload .csv files.

Ideally, the data being ingested at UI Bakery would auto-build as much as possible there i.e. tables, schema, relationships, etc. This would broaden your potential market a smidge. Without such, the solution seems geared toward brand new businesses or new needs mostly. I believe Back4App (MBaaS) does this function I’m seeking i.e. data pushed in over API solves most of the data infrastructure tasks.

Hey @Dan_McDermott, thanks for your request. Would you mind providing a bit more details on how you envision this part:

Ideally, the data being ingested at UI Bakery would auto-build as much as possible there i.e. tables, schema, relationships, etc.

This would help us a lot as we received several similar requests to yours and collecting user requirements now.

Hi Dmitry, my request was based on the assumption that you all were handling backends in UI Bakery but after looking at Data tab thinking maybe you are enabling a connection over API to a backend database instead?

If you were going to have a database in UI Bakery, then my feature request would make sense but if you are only creating a mechanism for UI Bakery people to interact with a separate back end, then perhaps wouldn’t make much sense.

I think taking a page from AppSheet or Dremio by using data virtualization with some key databases/sources makes sense and would greatly improve your prospective client mix where you are not providing actual database or storage but users in UI Bakery can see, augment, transform, interact with the data as if it was inside UI Bakery but also improve upon it as it is in the storage (so keep data in UI Bakery for temporary storage, maybe some variables, functions / keep ways to improve upon/transform/manipulate the data). This gets your end users some big benefit by being able to use their existing data sources without you all being on the hook for the more difficult to scale, storage component.

From what I’ve reviewed on the database side, FaunaDB seems to be the best for our needs and I think their graphql api enables me to shoot JSON objects into a database there over an API and it will create the tables and schemas automatically. I’m just thinking about users trying to transition from other solutions and trying to recreate their data structure and modeling needs and how UI Bakery could possibly save them some time by way of import/upload or apis.

2 Likes